Losing or forgetting track of time is among the early symptoms of dementia. “What day is today?” Or “What time is it?” are the most repeated questions from the people suffering from dementia. These questions are sometimes frustrating and disorienting for us.
It is a very upsetting moment when forgetting to have medicine in time or missing an appointment with a doctor. These can be distressing situations for your loved one. At the same time, dementia can affect your life in so many similar ways.
However, luckily numerous ways can sort out the situation. And your loved ones can keep them up to date. For people with dementia, a calendar clock can be the most convenient option, whether it is digital, analog, portable, or prominent.
Here, we will discuss the best clocks for dementia. So, if you have any queries about these clocks, this article will help you a lot.
Comparison of Table
|Product||Color||Batteries Included||Brand||Item Dimension (Inches)||Item Weight (lbs)||Shape||Mounting|
|American Lifetime, Newest Version||White||No||American Lifetime||7 x 3.3 x 9.5||12.8||Rectangle||Tabletop|
|Robin, 2020 Version||White||No||Robin||9.4 x 7.5 x 2.4||1.2||Rectangle||Tabletop|
|JALL Digital Calendar Alarm Day Clock||White||No||JALL||10.83 x 7.76 x 2.24||1.26||Rectangle||Tabletop, Wall Mount|
|Live Better With – Digital Clock||Blue||No||Live Better With||10.35 x 8.07 x 5.04||2.07||Rectangle||Tabletop|
|DayClox Memory Loss Digital Calendar 5-Cycle Clock||Red, White & Blue Sections With Optional Black & White Sections||No||DayClox||8.5 x 0.9 x 6.75||1||Rectangle||Tabletop|
|La Crosse Technology 513-1419-WA-INT Atomic Large Full Digital Calendar Clock||Walnut wood colored||No||La Crosse Technology|
|9.84 x 1.14 x 7.48||1.05||Square||Tabletop, Wall Mount|
|DayClocks Classic Day Clock||Mahogany||Yes||DayClocks||9.5 x 9.5 x 1.63||1.4||Octagonal||Wall Mount|
|DayClocks Time & Day of The Week Wall Clock||Pine Wood||No||DayClocks||9.5 x 9.5 x 1.63||1||Round||Wall Mount|
|Sharp Atomic Desktop Clock with Color Display||White||No||Sharp||7.1 x 6.8 x 2.8||1.2||Rectangle||Tabletop|
|Digital Calendar Alarm Day Clock, 8″ Large Screen Display||Black||No||JALL||12 x 7.6 x 2||1.4||Rectangle||Tabletop, Wall Mount|
1 American Lifetime, Newest Version
American Lifetime store is based in the neighborhood of West Avenue, in Miami Beach, FL. The American Lifetime is a renowned brand when it comes to these day clocks, fitness, and therapy products.
The American Lifetime Newest version clock has dimensions of 7 x 3.3 x 9.5 (L x W x H). Item weight is 12.8 lbs that can be handled easily, and it comes in one and the most decent color- white.
The word dementia is deliberately excluded from the packing, making it suitable as a gift. The brand offers an unconditional money-back guarantee. It means if you are not happy, you can return it and receive the whole spent money back within thirty days from the sale.
- Unique Function: This is the only dementia clock that incorporates a set of multi-function alarms. You can set five daily alarms with reminders. So do not forget your medication time.
- High Resolution: This clock incorporates the DC209 model and has a high screen resolution of 800 x 600. Moreover, it comes with an 8-inch display. This display is enough to show time, date, and day in clear letters and large.
- Battery Backup: Do not worry about electricity outages because it has an internal battery backup. It means if you face an electricity breakdown, this clock can reset to the exact time and date automatically when the power returns.
- Large Display
- High Resolution
- The battery cannot be replaced
2 Robin, 2020 Version
Robin is a quality brand when it comes to dementia clocks. Its 2020 version can set alarms as many as you need. Moreover, you can adjust the volume, sounds, and even length of the alarm. The clock can adjust itself for daylight and can save time with a built-in worldwide schedule.
This clock comes with an 8-inch crystal clear high definition colored display. It ensures a crisp and sharp image displaying the complete color spectrum. This clock has a 170° viewing angle. So we can see it from either side of the room.
When it comes to the themes of the clock, it comes with a variety of them. There are numerous custom and preloaded display themes in it, and you can choose either from it. So, do not get bored of looking at the same display every time.
- Talking Clock: This clock incorporates a one-touch button to listen day and time in a clear and loud voice. Moreover, you can adjust periodic time announcements too. This clock is also very helpful in remembering various events, birthdays, and holidays.
- Reconstructed Design: The design of the clock provide a user interface that is thoughtfully developed. And it comes with easy access side buttons that make it ideal for the elderly. Its design allows it to be placed anywhere, i.e., bedroom and kitchen.
- Attractive Gift: The manual and packaging of this clock do not include words like memory loss and dementia. So you can also give these clocks to the sensitive and loving elderly.
- Talking Clock
- Compact Design
- Clear Display
3 JALL Digital Calendar Alarm Day Clock
JALL digital clocks are also very noteworthy when we are discussing clocks for dementia. JALL has a variety of clocks and includes wooden alarm clocks, wireless charger clocks, and calendar day clocks. These clocks can fulfill your various situational needs.
JALL digital calendar alarm clock can be a splendid gift for the elderly you care about. The reason is, you do not hear them asking you time and date again and again. They can easily have a look at this clock from a distance to get up to date.
When it comes to the design of this clock, it is the most delicate calendar arm you have ever seen. Its dimensions are 10.83 x 7.76 x 2.24 that does not make it a clock only. It can also add up to your room’s decor.
- Large Screen Display: This clock comes with 8 inches high definition digital display. So it can spell out the time, month, and date quite easily for you. Therefore, you can see the time and date sitting anywhere in the room.
- Multiple Alarms: The JALL digital calendar alarm clock incorporates the features of multiple alarm settings. It means you can set up to 5 alarms. So, it is a perfect option to get to remember your various routine activities like medication, etc.
- Auto-Dimming Option: Another feature that comforts your vision is the auto-dimming option. The JALL digital clock dims during the dark at 7:00 pm and brightens back during the day at 7:00 am. Moreover, you can turn off this option as per your preference.
- Large Display
4 Live Better With – Digital Clock
Live Better With is another quality brand when we are concerned about the items that are associated with dementia. Its various products help these people to fight with their low memory and live a normal life.
The digital clock offered by Liver Better With is more than a standard clock. This clock is the perfect option for the elderly who want to live an independent life up to date. It helps them to stick to their daily routine and keep appointments.
This clock incorporates 20 pre-set reminder messages. You can also record your personalized reminder messages and keep uniquely going with life. This clock also features a talking clock function.
- Personalization: The clock lets you personalize its various features. These features include display themes, colors, recording your reminders, and talking clock functions. This way, you do not get bored while interacting with the clock for a more extended period.
- Easy To Use: This clock is so cautiously designed to offer various features in easy manners. You can easily navigate, set reminders, and change settings. To access menus, you are required to use a special combination of keys to consider the security issues.
- Easy to See: The digital clock offered by Live Better With uses mixed case lettering with plenty of space around. Therefore, you can easily recognize the shape of numbers and words from a distance.
- Talking Clock
- Easy to use
- Some glitches in software
5 DayClox Memory Loss Digital Calendar 5-Cycle Clock
DayClox has offered unique digital clocks for dementia. There are two new display options in the dayClox Memory Loss Digital Calendar. These options are red, white & blue sections or black & white sections and can be chosen through the menu.
It is one of the most light-weight digital clocks on the list that weighs only 1 pound. As regards its dimensions, its length, width, and height are 8.5”, 0.9”, and 6.75”, respectively. These dimensions help the viewer to focus on and understand the time and date easily.
Besides, the format used in this clock is easily understandable. The format enables you to focus on every part of the screen. It means it offers a split display instead of a holistic view. The date, time, and day are separately displayed to ease the viewer.
- Battery Backup: In case your clock is unplugged or you faced a power shortage, you do not need to worry. The clock preserves the correct date and time internally. The accurate time is displayed when the clock is plugged in the back, or the power is restored.
- No Abbreviations: The name of the day, month, and cycle are fully spelled. It means these are not abbreviated that is very helpful for the elderly who are facing memory loss problem. Because these people often don’t understand abbreviated words.
- Division Of Day: The day is divided into five parts/cycles in the clock, i.e., morning, noon, afternoon, evening, night. This is a very decent option for those people who make it difficult to differentiate between AM and PM notations.
- Battery Backup
- No Abbreviation
6 La Crosse Technology 513-1419-WA-INT Full Digital Calendar Clock
La Crosse Technology was started in 1983. Initiated its operations in the United States, now La Crosse Technology is famous for its products all over the world. Its products related to time include analog wall clocks, atomic time, digital wall clocks, indoor/outdoor clocks, and more.
When it comes to La Crosse Technology’s full digital calendar clock, this clock offers multiple usabilities. It means you can place on a table or can hang it on your wall. Moreover, in both places, it looks fantastic and adds to your room’s beauty.
The only concerning thing is that this is a battery operated calendar clock, and you need two AA batteries. Moreover, these batteries are not part of the deal, and you have to arrange them on your own.
- Large Screen Display: The clock offers an extra-large display since it is one of those clocks having large displays. Hence, you can see the month name, day, and time from a distance and sit anywhere in the room.
- Three Parts of Screen: In addition to the large display, this clock incorporates three parts of the screen. At the top, you see the whole name of the day. At the left bottom, you can see the big display of time, and in parallel to the time on the right, you can see the date.
- Light-Weight: Although this clock has a large display and three parts screen. However, you will be surprised to hear that it weighs only 1.05 pounds. It means you can carry it and place it wherever you want easily.
- Adjustable display mode
- Simple to use
7 DayClocks Classic Day Clock
The idea of the classic day clock was originated when the founder of DayClocks, Nevada, lost track of days. The idea was to build a day-of-the-week clock. Resultantly the DayClocks Classic Series of wall clock was introduced.
This timepiece only provides information about which day of the week you are living. With the help of this clock, you do not lose track of days. Therefore, you can keep your week in structure, especially when you are working from your home.
Hence, in these days where everyone is supposed to work from his/her home due to COVID-19, forgetting which day we are living in is normal. A classic day clock by DayClocks can fix this problem.
- Unique Wall Clock: These unique clocks are a great fit for a home office, kitchen, bedroom, family room, and children’s room. You can simply look at and know what day is, and you do not need to ask from others.
- Retirement Gift: The classic day clock by DayClocks is a tremendous idea of gift for elderly or retired people. The reason is they are supposed to spend the majority of their time at home. So, they can keep their week on track with the help of it.
- Beautiful Look: The Classic Mahogany wood frame day clock is an attractive addition to your room. It does not only tell you about the day but also adds to your room décor.
- Easy to use
- Attractive and Functional
- Battery operated
8 DayClocks Time & Day of The Week Wall Clock
DayClocks is a renowned manufacturer of clocks. These clocks were originated with an interesting idea to show the day. Therefore, if you are in the habit of inquiring about the day of the week, then this clock is a must for you.
When it comes to week wall clocks, the DayClocks offers time and day wall clock. As the name depicts, this clock shows you the day of the week in addition to the time. The design of the clock is unique.
If you are planning to present a gift to the elderly, then this clock can be a decent choice. Since the old people normally forget about the day therefor, fixing this clock in their rooms can solve the problem.
- Quiet Operation: Usually, people do not like analog clocks because of the arc sounds. The DayClocks guarantees that this clock is not going to disturb you. Therefore, feel free to hang it in your bedroom.
- Simple To Use: The clock is very simple to use. You need only to find an appropriate place in the room where you can take its glance easily. Fix it on that particular place, and that is it.
- Attractive Design: The design is simply awesome that increase the beauty of your room. As regards its dimensions, the clock is 9.5″ x 9.5″ x 1.63″ (L x W x H) and weighs only one pound. Therefore, it is easy to transfer.
- Simple setup
- Day and time
9 Sharp Atomic Desktop Clock with Color Display
Sharp is one of the most renowned brands when it comes to digital clocks. The Sharp Atomic Desktop clock with color display is accurate to the second since it receives WWVB updates daily.
It incorporates a built-in receiver that is capable of synchronizing automatically with the WWVB radio broadcast by the US Government’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
You can know what day of the week you are living in, with a glance. The digital clock displays times and dates that can be seen from a distance. The brightness of the display can easily be adjusted by using the dimmer/snooze switch on its top.
- Battery Backup: This clock features no worry battery back up option. It means if you encounter a power shortage, the clock stores the time, date, and day particulars in the background. When the power turns back, you find the accurate time and date.
- Easy To Set Alarm: You can set the alarm for two persons, or you can fix one alarm for any of weekdays and the other for weekends.
- Variable Backlight: You can activate the three-step dimmer control by pressing the snooze button on the top. It will illuminate the whole display for five seconds. The backlight also illuminates when the alarm sounds.
- Multiple Lights
- Easy to Use
- Auto Update
10 JALL Digital Calendar Alarm Day Clock
JALL is a famous brand when it comes to clocks for dementia. JALL has a variety of clocks and includes wooden alarm clocks, wireless charger clocks, and calendar day clocks. These clocks can be the perfect match for your various situational needs.
The JALL digital 8” digital calendar clock comes with five different alarms. So, if you forget when to take medicine, the clock can help you a lot. You can use these five alarms to remember the medication time.
The clock does not include words like dementia or memory loss on its packing or body. Therefore, giving it as a gift can be a good option for the elderly. The old people can easily look and get the time and date without any problem.
- Large Display: The clock has an 8” inches display with high resolution. So it can spell out the figures easily. Moreover, the clock can speak out the time, month, year, and day.
- Auto-dimming: This clock incorporates three levels of auto-dimming options (High, Mid, and Low). The brightness of the display changes with time, i.e., the light at night and bright in the day.
- Easy Setup: The clock can be set up very easily. It comes with friendly User Interface Settings. There are seven control buttons, and you can use these to adjust the clock.
Best Clocks For Dementia: Buying Tips and Tricks
As regards the best clocks for dementia, several clocks provide various facilities. However, some of the functions that these clocks must have been discussed below.
People with dementia often are unable to tell from traditional analog timepieces, whether it is a day or night. Most importantly, in winter, it is difficult to differentiate between early morning and early evening for these people.
Therefore, the clocks that are made for these people must tell whether it is morning or evening. Different clocks follow a different pattern. However, mostly show this difference using the words AM and PM.
Another important feature that these clocks must-have is the talking clock. It means the clock should speak the time, day, month, etc. when pressing a particular button. This feature becomes a must when you are purchasing it for a person having poor eyesight.
The best clocks for dementia must show figures related to both the calendar and clock. For example, it should tell the time, part of the day (evening or morning), date, month, and year. So, your loved ones can live an updated life.
Mostly we are purchasing these clocks for the elderly. At the latter age, most people are living with poor eyesight. Therefore, the display and clarity of the words matter a lot. Hence, These clocks should have a large display and also spell out the particulars.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Dementia Clock?
The best dementia clocks are those who tell the viewer about time, date, month, year, part of day separately. And these particulars must be spelled out with visible font from a distance so that a person with poor eyesight can also see these particulars.
Which Clock Is Better Either Analogue Or Digital?
When it comes to the best clocks for dementia, both clocks offer different features. However, it depends upon the user preference. For example, the person who likes analog should go for analog and vice versa.
Moreover, digital clocks can give more detailed information than analog. Therefore, based on features, digital clocks for dementia are a better option.
What Is A Day Clock?
A day clock is a clock that tells us which time of which day we are living in. These clocks do not spell out the actual time. However, we can guess easily in which timeline we are, i.e., whether it is morning, afternoon, or evening.
It is the best way to show your care to your elderly and seniors who are suffering from dementia to gift them any of the clocks discussed above. It could be a normal thing for you, but you cannot imagine how convenient it could be for them.
The clocks on the list may differ in various features and designs, but they are among the best clocks on the market. Therefore, they worth your money.